What you should know about Dental Check-Ups
At Dr. Koya’s Clinic, our dentists take a preventive and holistic approach to dental problems. We are not just concerned about fixing teeth issues but also focus on prevention. We encourage people to visit us for regular dental checkups (once in 6 months)as the checkup helps detect abnormalities early and enables timely treatment. Oral issues can develop and progress very quickly, going from bad to worse within 3 to 6 months.
Neglecting these periodic dental appointments may lead to overlooking of symptoms or signs of dental problems (in their initial stages) that can eventually flare up into larger oral issues. During a dental checkup, we assess your oral health (including bone health) and help you correct any habits that may be damaging your teeth, gums, and bite.
Benefits of Routine Dental Checkups
Skipping dental appointments may lead to physical, emotional, and financial stress.When undetected, prevailing dental risks turn chronic.
Here are Six Risks that are Avoidable with regular dental checkups:
1) Prevention of Plaque, Tartar, and Cavities: Even those who regularly brush and floss can end up with plaque build-up that can eventually solidify and turn into tartar. Without professional help, tartar is very difficult to get rid of and this can lead to gum disease and teeth loss later if neglected. Regular dental checkups can prevent such situations.
2) Prevention of Gum Disease: Plaque and tartar buildup can lead to tooth decay or erosion of gum tissues and lead to gum infection known as gingivitis.
3) Keeping Bad Habits in Check: Most of us don’t realize that our habits can impact our oral health.Some habits that are best avoided for good dental health are chewing ice, jaw clenching, teeth grinding, nail biting, eating sticky or hard sweets or drinking sugary beverages, brushing teeth too hard and of course, smoking.
4)Detection of Oral Cancer: Oral cancer can be life-threatening if not detected early. Without knowing the signs of its early onset, oral cancer progresses quickly making treatment difficult. An early-stage oral cancer is often treatable.
5)Detect Problems Under the Surface with X-Rays
A crucial part of visiting your dentist once a year is getting your teeth and jaw bone x-rayed to diagnose issues that may be invisible to the naked eye. For example, dental x-rays can help detect impacted wisdom teeth under the gum line. We use digital x-rays to make sure our patients have minimal exposure to radiation.
6) Checking of lymph nodes, head, and neck
A dental checkup appointment will also allow your dentist to check your neck, jaw, and lymph nodes, (located just below your jawline), for any swelling, lumps, or other abnormalities. Any such abnormality could be a sign of a serious health problem, alerting you to visit the appropriate medical specialist, as advised by your dentist.
Why Dr. Koya’s Clinic?
We offer a complete orbit of dental checkups including corporate referrals, preventive care, and treatments. At Dr. Koya’s Clinic, dental check-up appointments are detailed consultations that are personalized, preferential to each individual, based on medical history, diet, lifestyle and general health condition.
Dr. Koya’s Clinic adopt comprehensive and advanced diagnostic investigations. Our recommendations are backed by a set of clinical protocols that we follow. They include personalized and detailed consultation, requisite medical investigations, digital X-rays and non-invasive preventive measures to keep your mouth healthy.
If any dental problem is observed during a consultation with our team of dentists/hygienists, we recommend evidence-based treatment (based upon the intensity of the disorder).
So, if you’ve not had a dental checkup yet, make it a priority. Have any questions or need an appointment?Call us +91 82978-91188; +91 99633-33456 or Email at email@example.com
We wish you happy and healthy smiles all year!
Before & After
- Dental Implants
- Pediatric Dentistry
- Dental Crowns
- Dental Veneers
- Dental Extractions
- Dental Scaling and Polishing
- Tooth Jewellery & Smile Design
- Dental Dentures
- Dental Bleaching
- Midline Diastema
- Cosmetic Dentistry
- Laser Dentistry
- Dental Check-up
- Root Canal
- Dental Fillings
- Dental Bridges